Monday 10 May 2010

Of Endings and Beginnings

Ok...

Last Thursday started just like any other day...until my boss asked if I 'had a minute...just want to have a chat ...'

The outcome of that chat was my being made redundant.

And you know what...I'm absolutely fine about it!

Yes - really!

I'm the type of person that can put up with alot of crap in my work, it pays the bills and gives Mike and I the funds to do the things we want (within reason...it didn't pay THAT well :) ), but what that means is I 'make do', I 'settle' when I really should get my finger out and find a position that actually uses my skills and experience - that doesn't constantly make me doubt myself...my abilities...

For a variety of reasons, two and a half years ago I made a career decision too quicky - one that I knew was the wrong one pretty much from day one on the job, and if I'm honest, I've been unhappy since then.  When friends and family asked me the question 'how's work...?' they pretty much got...'no comment....' which was very unlike me!  I've been given the chance to change that.

I'm lucky that my redundancy package gives me the gift of time so I  give careful thought to what I want to do next - as well as have a very well timed couple of months off.

I'll miss some folks - pretty much everyone who leaves the place consistently says they'll miss the people, and I'm not an exception to that - but all in all, I'm doing Snoopy Happy Dances in my head.

Seriously folks - I'm a big believer in fate and synchronicity and I'm happy to relax, and get on board for the ride to wherever it decides to take me...

Happy journeying everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment